Now Open! Greater Woodland Park Chamber of Commerce, Colorado
SCWCC Executive Director – Job Description
About the Southern Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce
We all lead busy lives, have to plan our time carefully, and must be selective when choosing our membership organizations. So what makes the Southern Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce such a compelling choice?
Whether a corporation seeking market affiliation and exposure … a small business or start up building its brand … a sole proprietor in growth mode … in career transition or seeking professional development, SCWCC offers support for women in business through …
> successful business and community involvement
> diverse, welcoming and open support models
> meaningful networking with top-flight business colleagues
> access and outreach through email and social media channels
> exclusive target-marketing, advertising and promotional programs
> member-only business promotions, directory and calendar listings
> sponsorship opportunities at branded special events
> surveys, polling and research to identify trends and services
> connection to a well-respected segment of the community
> programs to support leadership, community and civic involvement
> benefits via the Southern Colorado Business Partnership
> recognition of an Accolades Business Leader of the Year
> advocacy to empower confident business women
> impact on community economic growth
> philanthropy through the SCWCC Foundation
Executive Director Responsibilities
The Executive Director of SCWCC is responsible for driving the organization to meet its strategic goals and plans by implementing policies and initiatives and directing the day-to-day operations of SCWCC.
Organization Management and Financial Oversight
- Hire, develop and supervise staff.
- Orchestrate successful programs to include regular luncheons, networking and educational events; implement new programs as appropriate to meet member and community needs and SCWCC financial goals.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to drive attendance at SCWCC programs, SCWCC-sponsored events and other business community activities; and to attract new members.
- Develop new revenue streams, such as sponsorships and new programs for existing members and targeted new members, to consistently increase organizational revenue.
- Maintain SCWCC assets.
- Consistently increase the membership base.
- Oversee organizational bookkeeping and finances.
- Create and manage the organizational budget with positive cash flow while maintaining strategic reserves.
- Manage ED base salary, equipment, staffing, overhead, contractors, program costs, and other operational costs.
- Maintain SCWCC records.
- Successfully implement the policies developed by the Board of Directors including but not limited to executing the organization’s strategic plan(s).
- Interact effectively with the Board of Directors, current members and prospective members.
- Prepare and deliver regular Monitoring Reports to the Board of Directors.
- Successfully service member needs.
- Effectively and appropriately represent the Chamber in the community.
- Minimum four-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience working effectively with a Board of Directors
- Advanced computer proficiency and familiarity with the email, social media and current technology
- Ability to become proficient with Chamber Master software
- Familiarity with budgeting, bookkeeping and managing organizational finances
- Familiarity with organizational marketing and event planning
- Experience hiring, developing and supervising staff
- Excellent self-management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to network and establish effective relationships with potential members, potential partners, and the business community in general
- Proven ability to grow the membership base
- Ability to maintain high quality member relations
- An understanding of policy governance procedures
- Sincere interest in serving women-owned, women-driven and women-friendly businesses in Southern Colorado
Forward resume to Beth Roalstad at [email protected]
Are you looking for an exciting job in the chamber of commerce world? Take a look at this link for chamber openings in the USA: http://www.glennshepard.com/chambers/jobs.htm